Monday, March 14, 2011

Splainin' to do.

So, why – you might ask – would I buy a house that looks like this one? With the rotting, twisted garage and the layers and layers of shingles piled atop its tiny roof, it doesn’t make a very strong case for itself at times…and that’s before you see all the wallpaper and the knob and tube wiring.
The answer is that old real estate mantra: location, location, location!
Not only will my tiny, little house be about two blocks from my office, it’s also the same distance to several restaurants, a small grocery, the library, City Hall, and the microbrewery. Key among them: the microbrewery J Not only that, but my tiny, little house is located in one of the most architecturally diverse neighborhoods in town – something I really enjoy. So while the garage may have you spooked, or the next-door neighbor’s house with all its ills may be an eyesore for the moment, check out the views across the street!



And down the block:



Behind me:


Around the corner:


And, a couple blocks away:




Yes, my tiny house has its issues. But I’m sold on the big-old trees, the big-old houses, and the small-town charm. That’s all for now – come back soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment