Friday, July 6, 2012

Around the House

My wooden spoons and cutting boards needed some attention. I sanded the spoons by hand (shown) and rubbed them down with board cream - a mix of beeswax and mineral spirits.
This should keep them from drying out and cracking. They were starting to look pretty neglected..especially the two on the far right. Couldn't believe the difference this made - the cutting boards look totally different too! (no pictures of the boards, yet)
The morning of the Fourth of July, we went to the annual antique market in Solon, Iowa. The only thing I found (that I had been wanting AND that I could afford) was this crock..perfect size for my wooden kitchen stuff!
Office with a fresh coat of "Greyhound" paint. Still more trim over the door top and across the bottom of the built in bookshelf. The library ladder is still in the "someday" category.
Pretty sweet setup: computer with speakers feeds the floor speakers and the surround sound in the living room. Party! Still looking for the right stand for the receiver/BluRay, but it will come.
I had a few friends over and actually cleaned the house..INCLUDING the floors! The place doesn't look too bad! There's a home-grown cucumber in that wooden bowl..I think I've got, like..45 more on the way. :S

No comments:

Post a Comment