Tuesday, March 5, 2013

Nobody lives here without paying rent..

If last year was the Year of the Bat, 2013 will be the Year of the Mouse.
Not in the ‘Chinese New Year’ sense so much as in the ‘Things That Are Temporarily Living in My House’ sense.
Yes, last night – while brushing my teeth – I learned that there was a small mouse in my house. Specifically, in my bathroom. By my foot.
After trying to quickly think of something I could use to catch the little guy, I decided I’d be better served by trying to brutally kill it instead.
Rather than go to bed, I pulled on my coat and shoes and headed across town to Wal-Mart for a midnight mouse trap trip. Of course, now that all the traps have been set (10, to be exact), I’m wondering if I did the right thing. Not in terms of animal cruelty or anything like that…no, eff that. No I’m wondering if this mouse is heavy enough to trip the trap..he’s only about the size of my thumb..
Anyway..this is my life. I’ll report back soon enough if anything other than my finger gets snapped in one of the traps.
Don't unpack, buddy..

No comments:

Post a Comment