Thursday, May 9, 2013

Potted Plants EVERYWHERE!


Mom, Grandma, and I went plant shopping yesterday as sort of a pre-Mother's Day/let's-buy-shrubs-for-the-house sort of jaunt. No shrubs to be had, but we did come across some great succulents....and I bought plenty of them!
Red-tipped jade from yesterday, and the snake plant came from mom several weeks ago.
I potted up some of the larger plants in this big metal bowl for outside (once it's warm enough) - we'll see how it does!
This one will be really interesting - the side pockets are all clippings from the other plants. Succulents will take root  in a potting medium even if there aren't roots established. You can end up with a totally new plant just by using a little sprig..
..as I'm attempting here!
Here are a few others from yesterday's trip. As you can tell, I have a tendency toward the weird ones.. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment