Thursday, August 8, 2013

Californ-i-a: Plants

Megan doesn't live too terribly far from Mt. Baldy.
Naturally, we had to take a trip up the mountain to see what it was all about.
Then we get into the Claremont Colleges again and all of their wonderful plants.
I was digging all the succulents..and these huge agave (?) that were easily taller than all of us.
Would hate to be the one to trim all the boxwood.. :/
My red-tipped jade!
HUGE jade! I ended up using my foot for scale in all of these pictures..sue me.
No idea what these trees are..thought they were cool, though.
All the little succulents I have in pots were going crazy all over the place!
Alongside the Pacific Coast Highway was one of the smaller varieties I have at home spread out like a carpet over the entire roadside..it was incredible!
Again..these were over 6' tall!
This is exactly what I was going for with my big bowl planter at home!
Clearly, I failed ;)
I just really like jade..

No comments:

Post a Comment