Monday, September 16, 2013

Productive (FAST) weekend!

In between helping the neighbor roof his house, hauling rock with my parents, and all of the other fun stuff going on, I decided I needed to make 'fall' happen. It's been way too hot lately, and I needed fall weather and fall food. So, on a recent trip to Trader Joe's, I bought a BUNCH of arborio rice, a packet of pancetta, and a little wedge of Parmesan to make risotto. Roasted carrots, broccoli, and cauliflower along with onions, white wine, and homemade chicken stock.
Tastes like fall, AND the cooler weather rolled in almost immediately! :)
Yesterday afternoon was spent at my sister's house in Ankeny. She is expecting a baby girl midway through January and is crafting and decorating enough for twins! :)
She and I had talked about a mural of some kind for the nursery - she found an artsy little tree online and decided that's what she would like for me to do. So, my lady friend and I made the trip to Ankeny, mapped out a tree over most of the wall, and painted it for her while she made little flowers out of felt and pretty fabrics downstairs away from the paint smell. We hung all sorts of embellishments on the wall even after this picture, but this gives you the best view.
Didn't turn out too bad, did it? :)

2 comments:

  1. Hi. Someone just told me about your blog and also "Cooking With Mr. C." on Facebook.(also a blog) I just "Liked" his Facebook page and came to your site. It's great. I'm so glad when people share their favorite blogs with each other. Denise

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Denise - feel free to share me with all of your friends!
    I just checked out "Mr. C" as well, and he's got some great stuff..love the Internet! :)

    ReplyDelete