Friday, March 14, 2014

Taco Tuesday!

I haven't posted FOREVER! Not because I haven't been doing anything..but because I've probably been doing way too much. Lots of progress renovating the old Theater I've mentioned before, little projects around the house, and nicer weather setting in. But.. I digress.
I bought a small pork shoulder on a recent grocery trip. After drying it off a bit, I pierced it all over with a paring knife and dry-rubbed it all over with taco seasoning. I then stuffed it into a bowl and poured a little taco sauce over top of it. I left like this - covered - in the fridge overnight, and stuck it in the crock pot (with a little apple cider vinegar and a lot of water) on low while I was at work. Come 6 o'clock, it was shredded and INCREDIBLY tender. It didn't have a ton of seasoned flavor to it.. but that was fine - I got to use it for BBQ pork the next day!   
We had our avocados, refried beans, queso, salsa, sour cream, and more. This was pretty low key and store bought...I figured I made the pork, I didn't have to try too hard on the rest of it ;)
While we're in the kitchen: I was really intrigued by this when I saw it online, so I thought I'd try it.
3M Command Hooks attached to the inside of a cupboard door to hang your pot lids - it actually saves a lot of space..and now they aren't banging around in the cabinet every time I go looking for something. Quick and easy! 


No comments:

Post a Comment