Friday, July 22, 2011

Update: Floored!

Well gang, the heat subsided long enough to allow my cement contractor the ability to pour a swanky new slab for the garage floor. I can’t tell you how excited things like this make me. We talked about it last night: the work inside - while fantastic and equally as necessary - goes by a little at a time. With projects like building a garage, you can have something hugely new and different at the end of every day! It’s exhilarating….and expensive.. But mostly exhilarating!



Speaking of budgeting.. I think we’re still in good shape. The major expenses were always assumed to be rebuilding the garage and hiring somebody to roof the house. Not only am I hiring the roof done because it’s going to suuuuuuuck to tear all those shingles off, but I also really want that to be done correctly. There is a pretty steep pitch on the front half of the house and there are a lot of intricate angles to deal with there as well. Better left to the professionals!
There is a strong possibility that I may get walls on this new garage this weekend – we’ll see! J

2 comments:

  1. This home was in my family for over 150 years and I'm thrilled to see the work you are doing. Great Job!!

    Matt

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Matt - that means a lot. We're hoping to have a lot of the work done in the next couple of months. If you (or any of the family) make it back to town, feel free to stop by and check it out!

    ReplyDelete