Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Tomatoes, tomatoes, everywhere..

Remember my bowl of tomatoes? Quintuple that..this is my life.
With many of the tomatoes from the picture above, I hulled them, roasted them with garlic, salt, pepper, and sugar, and ran them through the food processor for sauces. I've got a couple quarts in the freezer. This is in addition to the multiple bags of tomatoes and peppers I cut up and froze for use in chili later in the year.
Another batch...holy crap.
See the "split" tomato in the front? I learned today that's due to inconsistent watering. The drought has been terrible for crops this year..especially those that need so much water. 
Roasted tomato Caprese salad. Tomato off the vine, basil out of the yard :)
Tomato sauce base from the puree in the freezer, basil and oregano from the yard, onions and garlic from my farm box.
I didn't make the wine or the pasta...I feel like such a failure ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment