Monday, August 20, 2012

Manscaping

This weekend was a lot of fun! Friday night was Knoxville Movie Night – a free outdoor showing of a film in the public park..open to all..big screen, big sound, big fun!
Any guesses as to which movie we watched this time?
http://www.facebook.com/#!/Knoxvillemovienights
Saturday I slept in a little, woke up and started pulling weeds in the garden, clearing the yard of dead and dried flowers (the drought really took a toll on..everything) and did some laundry.
Then my parents came over, and – within about 15 minutes – we went from this..
..to this..
It's always amazing what a truck and a log chain can do..
The house looks so much bigger without the bushes, don't you think?
This should make it quite a bit easier to hang the new siding and replace the windows in this part of the house. It’s also just easier for me (mentally) to get rid of everything and start fresh. Hopefully next year the weather will cooperate a little better and I’ll be able to landscape the yard, completely. With the changes I’ve made to the house and the paint colors I’d like to use on the outside, I’m excited to have a cohesive plan in place for the plantings in the yard..I just hope it’s not 115F all summer next year so I can actually work on it!
Saturday afternoon, I drove to Cedar Rapids and hung out with a group of old friends, and made some new friends while I was at it. The cool part was, we hung out in a $2,000,000 house on an acreage, complete with horses, dogs, four wheelers, and a whole lot of crown molding.
I didn’t take any pictures this time because my phone was dying all weekend..but I have these pictures from a previous visit. Pretty sweet digs J
The front door, complete with gas lamps on either side of the entry.
Foyer, complete with James Bond style secret closet for coats and shoes.
Immediately inside the front door.
Massive crown molding throughout the house. All the ceilings were at least 10-12 feet tall.
Kitchen, living room, breakfast area with a wet bar to the right. Yes, that's a freaking harp.
Bar area..with two mini fridges. You know..just in case.
From the living room: kitchen with bar to the left.
Sunday afternoon was the drive home with a brief stop at the Iowa State Fair to meet a friend. Within 10 minutes, I was being thrown through the air and spun upside down on a giant death-trap ride. Good fun! J
These were our seats. There were two other riders on at the top, and we spun like a GD windmill possessed by the devil for a couple minutes. They were even kind enough to take video of your screaming and yelling. "You shouldn't have..really"
http://www.iowastatefair.org/
There we are...flying! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment