Tuesday, November 12, 2013

Barbacoa Beef Update

I haven’t posted anything since the Barbacoa Beef update a while back. In part because I was busy eating this beef with every freaking meal I made – it was delicious!

I used a rump roast instead of a brisket..I also cut back slightly on the amounts of cilantro and cloves called for in the recipe, in part because I wasn't sure I was going to be wild about those flavors, but also because my roast was smaller than called for in the recipe. Otherwise, I followed everything to the ‘T’ and it was moist, delicious, and falling apart tender. I shredded the beef and piled it onto buttered and browned tortillas with refried beans, homemade guacamole, caramelized onions, salsa, and cheese. Great flavor…lots of layers.

On another trip to the grocery store after making my beef, I found a couple other ingredients that I’ll try for next time, so stay tuned! ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment