Tuesday, December 6, 2011

I'm so happy, I'm sick.

My personal definition of sickness is not eating on Thanksgiving. It’s my holiday. One I still get legitimately excited about. And this year – like last year – I spent it curled up on the living room floor, sleeping the day away. Not that I’m complaining about sleeping all day…that was nice. The food thing still irks me a little though.
Anyway, I’m pretty sure I’ve got a version of the same thing everyone has lately. Cough, sore throat, running nose, achy, hot/cold, sweaty/clammy, tired, dehydrated, no appetite..Basically worthless. There for a while, I legitimately thought it was the Mesothelioma catching up with me from ripping out the old insulation. I stopped short of calling the Law Offices of So-and-So for my free consultation because my dad ripped out way more than I did and he seems Meso-symptom free.
So, I’ve been drinking plenty of water, eating lots of oranges (thank you FFA fundraiser!), and sleeping almost constantly. This includes while riding in cars with friends. In addition to my newfound narcolepsy, I seem to have also found a drywaller! My local guy came through! Disclaimer: he was a little slower getting started than he let on…but I also called him last minute after he had sworn off new jobs for the year and persuaded him to take me back.

The last two days have been mostly prep-work – fixing screw heads, putting the corner strips on (including the cool flexible ones for the arches), and getting set for the real deal. In our conversation last night, he thought he might be done a day before he initially planned, and that he would have the entire house taped by tonight! That fancy equipment makes things easy!
Pictures to follow – I’ll sneak in after he’s gone tonight and check progress. It’s coming together, gang!

No comments:

Post a Comment