Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Painting/Cooking/Boozing/Cleaning/Traveling

First coat of "Greyhound" in the office. So far, so good! Probably finish the second coat tonight and start touch ups on the kitchen paint - cabinets and walls.
Homemade bread..who needs the grocery store?
http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/ina-garten/honey-white-bread-recipe/index.html
Garden-fresh broccoli! I had great expectations that this would last me a little while. Those expectations vanished when I ate the entire head for lunch..
I've been squeezing more and more 'fun stuff' into my days lately - this was taken while crossing Lake Red Rock (just north of Knoxville) on the way to Cedar Rapids and Cedar Falls to spend the weekend with friends! I didn't do any boating, but I did take a nap while on the lazy river..nice little sunburn.
Aside from the friends, this was possibly the highlight of the Cedar Falls trip. Bloody Mary with fresh tomato juice, bacon, pickle, celery, roasted asparagus, and a sweet little pepper. Glass was rimmed with seasoned salt and pepper. I was basically full after this, but continued to eat breakfast anyway. 
Laying in a park, listening to bluegrass. Happy summer, everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment