Thursday, September 13, 2012

Classin' up the joint

Remember this?
Keep an eye on that pile of bricks.
Originally, there were two steps - now there will only be one.
All formed up and ready to pour!
One step here, one step at the City sidewalk, and a slightly steeper pitch in between.
Apparently it took a lot of cement..
Ta-da!
Here's my dilemma, gang: which pattern do you like the best? I'll be bricking the treads on both steps and the entire sidewalk in between. Use your imagination to fill in the blanks :)
A basic basket weave?
Basket weave with a thin edge?
..with a thick edge?
Herringbone? (I like all three patterns, but I felt like the border gave everything a more finished look. Thoughts?)
..with a thin edge? This was one of my favorites.
..with a thick border? (I don't care for the thick edging on the basket weave or the herringbone patterns. I would like it more if the walk were wider..maybe.)
This was the ONE time I liked the thick border. A basic running bond going the length of the walkway.
A horizontal running bond with a thin edge. I liked this one a lot. Plus, with the long grout lines running across the sidewalk, you won't see imperfections in the lines like you would if it ran lengthwise. OCD..
Quick lunch yesterday: pesto pasta with a sliced heirloom tomato. If you think I've only eaten pasta and tomatoes this summer........you'd be absolutely correct :)

No comments:

Post a Comment