Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Home Sweet Home :S

Destruction at the homestead again, gang.
This is what we started with..
We’re at the point, now, where everything has lined up just right for the siding project to continue on the front of the house. I’ve spoken with a couple contractors who are going to help us out in a few areas (namely, flashing around the foundation and the soffit) and we are off and running..again.
When I say “things have lined up,” I really mean it. Everything is kind of happening all at once..AGAIN. My cement contractor came and tore out the rest of the sidewalk and lower steps so we can replace those, the lumber yard delivered my siding, lumber, and house wrap, and we’ve started tearing into the old siding.
The neighbors have had a major roofing project on their hands. Meanwhile, I had a contractor measuring the siding..
..and working on concrete. The City was also there mowing the lot next door. Lots of noise all at once!
Needless to say, the house is looking…really nice from the street.
No mo' sidewalk!
While my favorite cement guy was there, I asked him to scrape the rocks out from around the front of the house for me.
..I hate shoveling rock..
My contractor should be coming by in the next couple days to take care of the flashing and soffit, then we can start looking into framing the new windows and trimming them out. Then it’s just siding, siding, and more siding..with a little gray paint thrown in for good measure.
....pretty..
Stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment