Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Solarium Sunday

I don’t know about you, but I had myself a busy little weekend!
Friday night I had to be responsible – I spent the night cleaning the house, doing laundry, and getting beds ready for company. Not terribly fun, but not bad either..and it needed done.
Saturday was the Brews & Muse street festival at the local brewery. I had a couple friends in town and we had a great time listening to a couple great bands, meeting new people, and eating and drinking way too much J
Sunday morning, my friends and I started talking about installing windows in the front porch/solarium/greenhouse and decided we’d give it a shot!
Remember what we started with?
The original plan changed because the new windows were shorter and narrower than the old windows – with that, we were able to squeeze five windows along the east wall of the solarium creating an entire wall of windows! It’s going to look great when it all gets trimmed out and painted J
A pretty good sized hole..
HUGE view! :)
The frame we built for the windows. I just KNEW this was the way to do it..turns out I was wrong :)
It all worked out, anyway!
Getting everything cleaned up - what a difference!
Once things have calmed down a bit, I'll order the decorative grilles for the windows to give everything a little more traditional look.
After cleaning up the large pile of window waste. Not looking half bad!
They even line up! It's like someone knew what they were doing! HA!
Two more windows and a new front door yet to come, but this was a big day for us – a HUGE thanks again to my amazing friends for hanging out with me Saturday and Sunday and being roped into slave labor!

No comments:

Post a Comment