Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Solarium: Start to Finish!

This is what the house looked like in the listing when I bought it - cute right?
Nice little sitting room right inside the front door and adjacent to the living room.
Then I saw this. Everything might have been easier...if I hadn't seen this. ;)

So, naturally, we ripped everything apart..
..and fixed the things that needed fixed..
Here's mom/former roommate finishing up the last of the insulation. As with the rest of the house, the wiring was completely redone in the solarium, as was all the insulation, wallboard, wood floors, and trim..though, a lot of the woodwork throughout the house was salvaged.
Hooray for drywall!
..well..sort of. See, I got a deal on some really nice windows; so, rather than replace the two that were there, I decided to take it back to the way it looked it that damned old picture.

Finishing up the new windows and front door.
All in!
Testing out my new grilles :)
Trim is up and ready for sanding (which left dust ALL over the house), priming, and painting!
As of last night: all painted and ready to go! (As you can also see, the greenhouse is in full swing..)
Looks pretty good, if I do say!

No comments:

Post a Comment